Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it --George Bernard Shaw


Disclaimer:



All work on this site, unless otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike license. This kind of license is also referred to as copyleft.
For questions, you can contact me here: wakeuppakistan[at]gmail[dot]com.





My Life:
IslamiCast.blogspot.com
My Fotolog


Links:

[x] - updated in the last 48 hours.


Recent Posts:


Archives: [+/-]


Recent Reads:

Programming in Objective-C



Cocoa Programming for Mac OSX



Google Wakeup Pakistan:
Google

WWW
Wakeup Pakistan


Powered by Blogger

RSS 2.0
Get iPodder!
Get iPodderX!
Get Doppler!
Get nimiq!
Get Firefox!
Latest Joy of Tech
Joy of Tech
Love an apple!

What is in the box below? The box contains the RSS Feed for podcatchers. Its just garbage code.

 
Monday, March 19, 2007
Hi - Part IV

Previous parts: part I, part II, and part III.

Dear SD,
Well I hope the mental exercise is healthy.....
I really liked your analysis of evolution. I was a student of hostory and reading such a simple yet true description of the process of evolution was a treat for the mind. But again, there is something that i don't think I agree with, that is ur case history of Russia and China. Do u really think they emerged powerful after revolution? The Csars were thrown out and there was the hege revolution in USSR in 1917. What was the result??? Chaos and ultimately the disintegration. Try reading Alec Nove's works or for that matter the novel We the Living by Ayn Rand to understand the destruction that revolution brought along with it. Again, China, I believe is not a healthy example. I will again refer u to a book, Wild Swans written by Jung Chang. These countries may be powerful now but the price that they paid was something don't approve of. To become powerful we cannot destroy the lives of onwhole generation and sadly that was what happened in these two countries.
Yes evolution through education is what is the need of the day. But where is it happening? We are either too stuck up with the past or we don't want to come out of the traditional and archaic beliefs. We just don't want to progress. Even today we apply reason only when it suits our convenience. You will find educated people opposing love marriages, inter caste marriages. A woman smoking is still considered taboo in many parts of this country although situation is diff in the big cities although a man doing the same is quite ok. But thats not the point. What I am trying to convey is that inspite of education our archaic beliefs cloud our reasoning. We never tell a girl to not smoke because its bad for her health but because a girl shouldn't do so.
SD, I really wish that we get the education that opens our mind and liberates our spirit. Something which allows us to REASON. It is only then that we can reach the zenith.
As always,
Awaiting your reply,
Natasha.

My reply:

Hi Natasha,

You are right about the bloodshed that took place in China and the USSR. And if you read my earlier response, I agree with you that this sort of bloodshed is unnecessary if the evolution is taking place naturally. It is simple, if evolution is stopped, revolution would take place naturally and you can't prevent it. Post-revolution process should be evolution again and not faked or aritificial evolution - the case for USSR and partially China now. France, on the other hand, after the revolution started the natural evolution process. Like I said earlier, we should try to follow the evolution taking place in the U.S. and the U.K.

Sadly, in today's day of age, the education we get doesn't teach us to nurture REASON. We are expected to learn to make more money and be successful at job. Our reasoning is clouded by our beliefs, cultural values because we have not nurtured REASON enough. We feel that we are making the right decision based upon our reasoning, but it is not the true reason, I was talking about earlier.

Natasha, I was wondering if I could publish our email conversation on my blog. I would only publish it if you approve of this request.

Last thing, I am not a psychology or a world history expert. Whatever we have discussed is something what I feel about human psyche and world politics. You may or may not find all my arguments in any books.

S.D.


Please feel free to comment. Final part coming soon.



Site created by Some Desi